Join 834 other followers
- “Enlightened” city planning amid rural Iowa cornfields
- Cities and towns that have gone to the dogs: Ruff-ruff!
- Timeless Portraits of the Oklahoma Panhandle
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- 1,730,987 hits
Tag Archives: CAiro
For purposes of this post, a “confluential city” is one that is situated at or near the confluence of two or more important rivers and which has had an influential economic, historic, strategic, cultural, political, and/or social impact on the surrounding region or … Continue reading
A expert panel selected by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) of The Economist magazine and Siemens AG ranked 15 major urban centers of Africa in 2011, by utilizing an eight category green city index. The index categories include: Energy and carbon dioxide Transport Water … Continue reading