Join 834 other followers
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- Is Burning Man making a mistake at Fly Ranch?
- Incorporating mass timber in airport terminal design
- A comparison between Burning Man’s Black Rock City and the Greater World Earthship Community
- 1,727,543 hits
Tag Archives: cargo
For purposes of this post, a “confluential city” is one that is situated at or near the confluence of two or more important rivers and which has had an influential economic, historic, strategic, cultural, political, and/or social impact on the surrounding region or … Continue reading
Freight railroads throughout Canada and the United States have been investing billions of dollars over the past couple of decades to upgrade their intermodal infrastructure. Unlike most other forms of transportation, nearly all rail infrastructure is privately financed and maintained … Continue reading
Below is a list of the world’s 50 busiest container ports as measured by twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs). Of the top 50, eleven are in China, four in the United States and Japan, and two each are in the United … Continue reading