- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 979,988 hits
Tag Archives: Chinatown
In American Chinatown, author Bonnie Tsui has written a compelling and reflective historical account of five Chinatowns in the United States. But, what truly brings this text to life are the lives and experiences of those residents who she interviews … Continue reading
One of my favorite activities while traveling is to make an effort to see the Chinatown friendship gates in cities that I visit. Among those I have personally observed are the friendship gates in Boston, Chicago, Sacramento, and San Francisco. … Continue reading
I was rather surprised to find only two Chinatown gates in South America. They are located in Buenos Aires, Argentina and in Lima, Peru. Below are a photograph of each of these artistic structures: One would think with numerous megacities like … Continue reading
While traveling in Northern California back in August of this year, some of the most interesting places we visited were related to Chinese-American history. These included an 1863 Chinese Temple in Oroville and the Chinese-American Historical Society Museum in San Francisco (see … Continue reading