- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 982,360 hits
Tag Archives: Chisholm Trail
Frontier Towns, Chapter 4: Ellsworth, Kansas “As we go to press, hell is still in session in Ellsworth.” That’s a famous newspaper headline dating from 1873 about the situation in Ellsworth, Kansas. Ellsworth may have been situated along the … Continue reading
During the great migration of emigrating pioneers across the America’s western frontier, certain towns became the primary staging and supply points for settlers, wagon trains, stagecoaches, cattle drives, and communications. These trailhead towns were key to the development of the … Continue reading