- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 978,143 hits
Tag Archives: commentary
In response to a cartoon I posted yesterday on panethos.wordpress.com, (see above) a comment was made that planners are one of the reasons why so many cities look-alike. That was a very thought-provoking and rather disconcerting response. With reflection, I … Continue reading
In a word, yes. I have visited several dozen brewpubs in seven states and am beginning to tire of the same old, same old format of restored historic building, wood floors, big screen TVs, brick walls, lots of noise, standard … Continue reading
Aside from being an accomplished musician, Woody Guthrie was a writer (Bound for Glory) and commentator. Here are some of my favorite witticisms from him found in the book entitled, Ramblin’ Man: The Life and Times of Woody Guthrie. Enjoy! – … Continue reading
What exactly is a wild goose chase? Is it like a greased pig contest? If we are so free and have so many liberties in the United States, then why can’t a female state legislator in Michigan say the word … Continue reading