Join 834 other followers
- Cities and towns that have gone to the dogs: Ruff-ruff!
- Timeless Portraits of the Oklahoma Panhandle
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- Is Burning Man making a mistake at Fly Ranch?
- 1,729,278 hits
Tag Archives: Congress
I am so sick and tired of the conservative element in Congress annually trying to defund all or part of AMTRAK. Who are these fools? AMTRAK is regularly setting records for ridership and they want to reduce funding – approximately … Continue reading
This weblink will take you to the list of the 149 air traffic control towers being closed by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) because of the sequester – also known as the “good-for-nothing Congress in-Act-ion of 2013.” As can be … Continue reading
A month or two ago I wrote my Congressman, Republican Mike Rogers about ending subsidies for oil and gas companies. Today, I received a response in the mail. His letter was very cordial and polite, but the logic of his … Continue reading
The definition of “transportation” from merriam-webster.com: “An act, process, or instance of transporting or being transported; means of conveyance or travel one place to another.” No where in this or any other definition of transportation have I ever seen the term … Continue reading
I didn’t watch the State of the Union Address last night. It is not because I have any major disagreements or quibbles with President Obama, I just stopped watching it 5-7 years ago when Shrub was in office. Instead, I enjoy … Continue reading