- Smaller Cities with Taller Skylines
- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- 1,007,720 hits
Tag Archives: construction
Just ten days ago I wrote about Philadelphia’s foray into the elite 1,000 foot skyscraper club. Well, Miami is about to join this illustrious group as well, but not with just one sky-high tower, but two. As a result, the … Continue reading
Below is an image of the existing Tappan Zee Bridge across the widest segment of the Hudson River (more than 3 miles wide) between suburban Westchester and Rockland Counties. It was completed in 1955. Underneath that photo is an artist’s … Continue reading
Please excuse me for utilizing the Irish version of a well-known four-letter profanity. It was picked up while visiting that lovely island last month. The milder term “feck” seemed to be the most appropriate word for titling this post with … Continue reading
Let me preface this post by saying that the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED certification program is an excellent way to improve energy efficiency in building design and reduce a facility’s carbon footprint. It is an excellent marketing tool for … Continue reading