- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 980,360 hits
Tag Archives: cruise ships
The twin-tube 4,200 foot long PortMiami Tunnel is scheduled to open to traffic in May of 2014. Under construction since 2010, the $1 billion public-private partnership project will extend Interstate 395 under the Government Cut shipping channel separating Watson Island and Dodge … Continue reading
The Eurostat data below from 2011 includes both ferry and cruise ship passenger data. It is interesting to note that despite completion of the Chunnel between the United Kingdom and France, Dover remains the busiest passenger seaport in Europe and … Continue reading
The following data is based on ship boardings by cruise departure terminal during the 2011 calendar year. The percent change from 2010 is also provided. Miami, FL – 1.970 million, -8.4% Fort Lauderdale, FL – 1.826 million, +3.8% Port Canaveral (Melbourne), … Continue reading