Join 834 other followers
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- Is Burning Man making a mistake at Fly Ranch?
- Incorporating mass timber in airport terminal design
- A comparison between Burning Man’s Black Rock City and the Greater World Earthship Community
- Largest h-y-p-h-e-n-a-t-e-d city/town by state or province
- 1,726,252 hits
Tag Archives: cruise ships
The twin-tube 4,200 foot long PortMiami Tunnel is scheduled to open to traffic in May of 2014. Under construction since 2010, the $1 billion public-private partnership project will extend Interstate 395 under the Government Cut shipping channel separating Watson Island and Dodge … Continue reading
The Eurostat data below from 2011 includes both ferry and cruise ship passenger data. It is interesting to note that despite completion of the Chunnel between the United Kingdom and France, Dover remains the busiest passenger seaport in Europe and … Continue reading
The following data is based on ship boardings by cruise departure terminal during the 2011 calendar year. The percent change from 2010 is also provided. Miami, FL – 1.970 million, -8.4% Fort Lauderdale, FL – 1.826 million, +3.8% Port Canaveral (Melbourne), … Continue reading