- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 980,354 hits
Tag Archives: curling
The list at the end of this post identifies those states with the most established and operating curling clubs. Clubs that are forming, exist only on paper, or which are inactive are not included in these figures. As is evident … Continue reading
As a regular visitor and now denizen of “Up North,” the following is my list of those land uses that tend to be found more often in northern locales of North America than in other parts of the country. This … Continue reading
If haggis hurling/tossing can be a sport, so can these. Look for them on a cable channel near you! Stay tuned for more. Slam dunk wiffle ball Reverse role deer hunting Medicine ball shot put Curling hurling Sky-high jumping (with … Continue reading
While visiting Indianapolis for pre-Super Bowl activities today, USA Curling and the Circle City Curling Club had a fun demonstration right outside the NFL Experience. While you could play in the traditional way because of space constraints, it was fun … Continue reading