Join 834 other followers
- “Enlightened” city planning amid rural Iowa cornfields
- Cities and towns that have gone to the dogs: Ruff-ruff!
- Timeless Portraits of the Oklahoma Panhandle
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- 1,730,585 hits
Tag Archives: Daniel Burham
While more of an academic publication than a great literary work of non-fiction, Boom Town Blues: Elliot Lake remains an enlightening and useful read. The book summarizes what can only be described as the “great experiment of Elliot Lake, Ontario.” Now, … Continue reading
Great to read the story below from the Detroit News about one of Detroit’s classic and artistic skyscrapers being saved. The Whitney Building was designed by Daniel Burnham. Below is the weblink to the original story. http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20111229/BIZ/112290339/Detroit-gems-will-sparkle?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE