- International Cities of Peace
- People can be so disgusting!
- Favorite dystopian literature and films
- “Here comes the sun”…cities
- My Amazon HQ2 prediction
- Since when are fire trucks incapable of backing up?
- “Bigotsburg of the week” – Forrest City, Arkansas
- Bigotsburg of the week – Shreveport, Louisiana
- North American high-rise construction crane boomtowns
- Russian cities that arose from the Gulag era
- 672,184 hits
Tag Archives: Detroit
In graduate school nearly 30 years ago, one of the courses I took at Virginia Tech was Urban Economic Geography. In this class, the primary textbook was entitled, Detroit: Race and Uneven Development. Even though I was born and raised … Continue reading
Yesterday, it was announced that Dan Gilbert, owner of Quicken Loans will be constructing the tallest building in the State of Michigan on the site of the former Hudson’s Department store in downtown Detroit. The tower is proposed to contain … Continue reading
This fascinating, yet troubling video depicts the ongoing development of Billionaire’s Row along and near the south end of Central Park in Midtown Manhattan. As these new super-tall skyscrapers are built they not only impact their adjoining neighbors, but have … Continue reading
Detroit Metropolitan Airport is very impressive to anyone who arrives there by aircraft. Both the McNamara Terminal and the North Terminal are bright, shiny, modern, busy, welcoming, and clean. The same cannot be said for those arriving by car or … Continue reading