Join 834 other followers
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- Is Burning Man making a mistake at Fly Ranch?
- Incorporating mass timber in airport terminal design
- A comparison between Burning Man’s Black Rock City and the Greater World Earthship Community
- 1,726,768 hits
Tag Archives: elevators
The following list identifies the tallest elevator test towers in the world by their height (in feet) above ground. As is noted with an asterisk (*), there is also one major elevator testing site that utilizes a former mine beneath … Continue reading
An inclined elevator is an elevator that generally operates on a diagonal slope (or inclination) versus moving vertically straight up and down. **While inclined elevators are very similar to funiculars, they differ in the fact that an inclined elevator uses … Continue reading
CORRECTION (4/6/2020): After posting this article it became apparent that it should have been limited to above ground elevators, as there are a number of underground ones in transit stations around the world. As a result, the underground elevators that … Continue reading