- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- An Impressive Park Memorializes When Quilts Saved a Town
- 1,006,458 hits
Tag Archives: Farming
On Michigan’s historic Old Mission Peninsula, the community has banded together to stitch a Quilt Barn Trail. One may ask, as I first did, what is a Quilt Barn Trail? Essentially, it is an effort to celebrate and recognize the … Continue reading
Here is the third in this series of region-specific land uses – this one lists those more often found in the Heartland of the country. As always, additions and corrections are welcome. Family farms Dairies County courthouse squares Farm implement … Continue reading
The memorable quote used for the title of this post came from a survivor of the Dust Bowl. Also referred to as the Dirty Thirties, this decade meant great economic and social hardship for many residents of the United States, but … Continue reading
Below is a chart created from data published in the October, 2011 edition of AARP Bulletin listing the top 20 states in terms of number of certified organic farms. Also provided is a calculation showing how many residents there are … Continue reading