- Temples of Jazz – The Ballrooms
- It all ends up in the lake…or the bay…or the stream
- Geography of the Jazz Age in North America
- Ten Planning Lessons from Detroit’s Corktown Neighborhood
- Crafting a Perfect Brewery Name, Logo, and Slogan
- Mapping America’s Dumping Grounds
- Food Truck Names Based on Musicians or Songs
- Smaller Cities with Taller Skylines
- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- 1,022,739 hits
Tag Archives: harbours
Here are some great satellite images from Honolulu, Hawaii; Long Beach, California; Los Angeles, California; Mazatlan, Mexico, Oakland California; Tacoma, Washington; and Vancouver, British Columbia. Enjoy!
Some of the best seaport images yet, come from East Asia. Enjoy!
Some of the most spectacular images yet come from the great seaports of Africa. In particular, the marvelous black and white satellite shot of Dakar, Senegal resembles the angry mouth of a sea monster ready to devour its prey. Along … Continue reading
For part two of this series, here are satellite images of seven great seaports of Southern Europe – Barcelona, Spain; Cadiz, Spain; Constanta, Romania; Genoa, Italy; Istanbul, Turkey; Marseilles, France; and Piraeus, Greece. The harbours almost resemble jagged teeth of … Continue reading
While preparing the satellite photos from the “Can you guess the city” series, I noticed how interesting the images were of great seaport cities. The harbour channels are very evident and in combination with the natural and urban geography present … Continue reading