Join 834 other followers
- Timeless Portraits of the Oklahoma Panhandle
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- Is Burning Man making a mistake at Fly Ranch?
- Incorporating mass timber in airport terminal design
- 1,729,060 hits
Tag Archives: harbours
Here are some great satellite images from Honolulu, Hawaii; Long Beach, California; Los Angeles, California; Mazatlan, Mexico, Oakland California; Tacoma, Washington; and Vancouver, British Columbia. Enjoy!
Some of the best seaport images yet, come from East Asia. Enjoy!
Some of the most spectacular images yet come from the great seaports of Africa. In particular, the marvelous black and white satellite shot of Dakar, Senegal resembles the angry mouth of a sea monster ready to devour its prey. Along … Continue reading
For part two of this series, here are satellite images of seven great seaports of Southern Europe – Barcelona, Spain; Cadiz, Spain; Constanta, Romania; Genoa, Italy; Istanbul, Turkey; Marseilles, France; and Piraeus, Greece. The harbours almost resemble jagged teeth of … Continue reading
While preparing the satellite photos from the “Can you guess the city” series, I noticed how interesting the images were of great seaport cities. The harbour channels are very evident and in combination with the natural and urban geography present … Continue reading