- Smaller Cities with Taller Skylines
- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- 1,006,995 hits
Tag Archives: hockey
As a regular visitor and now denizen of “Up North,” the following is my list of those land uses that tend to be found more often in northern locales of North America than in other parts of the country. This … Continue reading
In certain cities, the major league professional sport franchise nicknames can follow a common theme – either partially or entirely. The themes can range from various animals to rhyming/similar terms to historical events and legendary icons in local history. Included are teams … Continue reading
Finally, the National Hockey League (NHL) has corrected a terrible misdeed from 1996, when the Winnipeg Jets were transferred to Phoenix and became the Coyotes. Winnipeg’s beloved Jets were gone, as was a part of this great city’s soul. On … Continue reading