- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 979,988 hits
Tag Archives: homeless
Last night, I stopped by Michigan State University’s state-of-the art Public Recycling Center to drop off my recyclables. While there, I happened to notice a woman was carrying a metal object with three-prongs at the end of it. As I … Continue reading
Sunday evening I was driving through one of the less fortunate parts of Greater Lansing. While doing so I realized that even as urban planners, many of us live in sheltered cocoons during most of our professional careers. Either we … Continue reading
According to a brief tidbit in this month’s Planning magazine, parking meters are not the only meters you will find along the city streets of Miami, Florida. Begun in 2010, the Miami-Dade Homeless Trust installed colorful panhandle meters for citizens and … Continue reading