- Smaller Cities with Taller Skylines
- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- 1,006,995 hits
Tag Archives: hotels
I am probably going to date myself yet again with this post, but to this urban planner, one of the most memorable images of the American highway system in the 1960s and 70s was the motel or motor court. Often … Continue reading
Lodging chains that have long-since disappeared everywhere else still have an operating location here. People will “resort” to almost anything. Golf cart racing is a favorite sport. Sandals outsell shoes. The seasons are “peak” and “off-peak.” The locals start … Continue reading
I had my first chance to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel entertaining film on DVD over the past weekend while visiting family in Indiana. What a terrific movie! No only are there wonderful characters and interwoven plots, but the … Continue reading
During our current two-week West Coast trip, I have noticed a number of things that are no longer (or rarely) found in hotel/motel rooms any longer. Certainly, other items have been added to make one’s stay more pleasant such as … Continue reading