- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 982,364 hits
Tag Archives: hotels
I am probably going to date myself yet again with this post, but to this urban planner, one of the most memorable images of the American highway system in the 1960s and 70s was the motel or motor court. Often … Continue reading
Lodging chains that have long-since disappeared everywhere else still have an operating location here. People will “resort” to almost anything. Golf cart racing is a favorite sport. Sandals outsell shoes. The seasons are “peak” and “off-peak.” The locals start … Continue reading
I had my first chance to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel entertaining film on DVD over the past weekend while visiting family in Indiana. What a terrific movie! No only are there wonderful characters and interwoven plots, but the … Continue reading
During our current two-week West Coast trip, I have noticed a number of things that are no longer (or rarely) found in hotel/motel rooms any longer. Certainly, other items have been added to make one’s stay more pleasant such as … Continue reading