Join 834 other followers
- “Enlightened” city planning amid rural Iowa cornfields
- Cities and towns that have gone to the dogs: Ruff-ruff!
- Timeless Portraits of the Oklahoma Panhandle
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- 1,730,585 hits
Tag Archives: Indians
The following list of cities, towns, villages, hamlets, and unincorporated communities that were named for Native American Indian tribes and or bands. Several ghost towns are also included. This list also includes translation-corrupted names, Anglicized names, as well as native … Continue reading
Frontier Towns, Part 6: Fort Laramie, Wyoming Don’t confuse Fort Laramie with the much larger university city of Laramie – they are 105 miles and world’s apart. Fort Laramie is a small Northern Plains town of approximately 230 residents located … Continue reading