Join 834 other followers
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- Is Burning Man making a mistake at Fly Ranch?
- Incorporating mass timber in airport terminal design
- A comparison between Burning Man’s Black Rock City and the Greater World Earthship Community
- 1,727,568 hits
Tag Archives: iron
The following list and accompanying photographs identify those iconic ironmaking blast furnace stacks that remain standing in the United States. Most of these monumental structures were built between the 1770s and 1880s. The quality of their construction (mostly with a … Continue reading
The following list identifies villages, hamlets, and communities named for local iron furnaces and forges that operated during the 18th and 19th centuries. There were a number of other furnaces and forges, but their either wasn’t an adjacent community or … Continue reading