- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- An Impressive Park Memorializes When Quilts Saved a Town
- 1,006,458 hits
Tag Archives: landscaping
Similar to the image above, the vast majority of highway and railroad underpasses across the country are the epitome of sterile concrete and overgrown weeds. Left as underutilized vacant space, they hardly engender any sort of warmth or welcome, particularly … Continue reading
Landfill acreage exceeds park acreage. There are residents with the first name of Humpty. No refuse is refused. People can smell it before they arrive. Pig Pen is Mayor. Junk and salvage yards are welcome in any zoning district. Activities … Continue reading
As an avid bicycle commuter who resides in a community where bikes are permitted to ride along certain roadside paved pathways (sidewalks of 7-8 feet wide), I find the gray blandness of most sidewalks/pathways to be quite boring and uninspiring. … Continue reading
I heard the quote which comprises the title of this post on the April 24, 2012 Tuesday’s at APA (Chicago) podcast. All I can say is bravo, bravo! I could not agree more. Some communities pride themselves on their aesthetic … Continue reading