Join 834 other followers
- Cities and towns that have gone to the dogs: Ruff-ruff!
- Timeless Portraits of the Oklahoma Panhandle
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- Is Burning Man making a mistake at Fly Ranch?
- 1,729,424 hits
Tag Archives: languages
Below is a list of just some of the rudest, crudest, and socially unacceptable town names around the world, particularly when they are pronounced in English or translated. It’s hard to believe that these are just the tip of the … Continue reading
“Stad” and “sted” have similar meanings of city, town, or place. “Sted” is only found in use in Denmark, while “stad” can be found in the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, South Africa, Aruba, and Curacao. Aruba, Curacao, and South Africa are/were … Continue reading