Join 834 other followers
- “Enlightened” city planning amid rural Iowa cornfields
- Cities and towns that have gone to the dogs: Ruff-ruff!
- Timeless Portraits of the Oklahoma Panhandle
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- 1,730,585 hits
Tag Archives: letters
Here’s my working list of cities across the globe the letter “Z” in the English version of their name. Those with more than one “Z” are highlighted in bold, including one city in Russia and one town in California with … Continue reading
Here’s my list of cities whose name contains all five of the vowels (a, e, i, o, u) in the Latin/Roman alphabet. A couple of interesting findings among the list: The majority of city names with all the vowels consist … Continue reading
Below is my list of city names containing the largest percentage of vowels based on the English alphabet. Ocoee, Florida in suburban Orlando leads the pack with 80 percent vowels. Those city names that are notably longer (a minimum of eight … Continue reading