- It’s a beach, not a litter box for plastic!
- Diving Down Under to discover super music
- Unofficial guide to hipsterhoods of Texas and the Great Plains
- Fotos de San Antonio
- DFW Airport – Dated, frustrating, and worn
- Outdoor urban stairways from heaven
- Hipsterhoods of mid-sized Rust Belt cities (updated)
- A witty map of hipster urban habitats in the Lower 48
- ULI’s 21 great ways to build healthy places!
- How low can ya’ go? Lowest cities on Earth
- 376,809 hits
Tag Archives: mass transit
It was recently announced that Michigan’s Governor has appointed a new Car Czar. Really? In a state that is already far too over-dependent on the automobile, we need a Car Czar to tip the scales even further towards one industry? … Continue reading
Drive past or through nearly any population center these days and you are likely to observe America’s epidemic of exit ramp academic institutions situated on prime real estate aside the highway. The University of Phoenix is probably the best known of these entities nationally, but they … Continue reading
Below is a list of the 25 most transit-oriented cities in Canada based on data provided by MoneySense utilizing 2006 Census transit data. The percentage given represents the percent of commuters who utilize mass transit. As one can see, the race for the top spot … Continue reading
I am still amazed at the number of people who continue buying gas hogging SUV’s like Navigators and Tahoes. There are very few, if any, justifiable instances where these vehicles are practical, especially for family use. To me, those who continue … Continue reading
In the past decade or so, bus rapid transit (BRT) has become a popular mass transit option for a number of cities in the United States and around the world. The first such system opening Curitiba, Brazil in 1974. However, … Continue reading
On Transit: A comparison by Miles of Track. Interesting data and comparison by Ink & Compass.