Join 834 other followers
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- Is Burning Man making a mistake at Fly Ranch?
- Incorporating mass timber in airport terminal design
- A comparison between Burning Man’s Black Rock City and the Greater World Earthship Community
- Largest h-y-p-h-e-n-a-t-e-d city/town by state or province
- 1,726,252 hits
Tag Archives: motels
This blogpost is a little adventure through the sights and sounds of America’s roadside culture to depict how the Atomic Age has impacted it since 1945. A whole variety of businesses have adopted the term “atomic” or some variation thereof … Continue reading
I am probably going to date myself yet again with this post, but to this urban planner, one of the most memorable images of the American highway system in the 1960s and 70s was the motel or motor court. Often … Continue reading
During our current two-week West Coast trip, I have noticed a number of things that are no longer (or rarely) found in hotel/motel rooms any longer. Certainly, other items have been added to make one’s stay more pleasant such as … Continue reading