- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 978,143 hits
Tag Archives: mountains
Below is my list of ten planning lessons learned from multiple visits to Colorado’s Front Range in the past 18 months. Some are positive, some are not. They are presented in no particular order of preference. Cheers! A large, auto-centric city … Continue reading
Below are a series of photos from this afternoon’s (Saturday) amazing day hike on the Flatiron Trail #1 at the Colorado Chautauqua National Historic Landmark in Boulder, Colorado. The gorgeous October weather and CU’s homecoming had many day hikers joining … Continue reading
A minimum of 2,000 foot elevation was required for consideration. Some of these listed below are part of larger mountain ranges. Enjoy! Cascade Range (California, Oregon, Washington and British Columbia) Blue Ridge (North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania) Grand Tetons … Continue reading
Each time I return to the western half of Maryland, where I resided in Hagerstown two decades ago, I try to plan my trip to include a visit to one of the most picturesque, historic, and unique cities in the entire United States – Cumberland, Maryland. … Continue reading