- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 980,354 hits
Tag Archives: Muskegon
Got to admit that it has been quite a few years since I last visited Muskegon, Michigan. Even though it is my mother’s birthplace, I can only think of two or three trips to the city (not passing by on … Continue reading
Many of you will recognize the title of this post being from the musical The Music Man. In this particular case I am referring to those cities, towns, and villages named after the river that flows through or by them. … Continue reading
Recently I wrote a post about the idea of developing an intermodal freight bypass of the Chicago railway bottleneck by developing container ports on both the Michigan and Wisconsin sides of Lake Michigan. That post received a lot of commentary, … Continue reading