- Smaller Cities with Taller Skylines
- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- 1,007,720 hits
Tag Archives: names
Below is my list of the city names with the most syllables when pronounced in English. These geographic brain benders and tongue twisters do not include hamlets, villages, and/or small towns. Any additions or corrections to his list of cities … Continue reading
Below are some of the best and worst boat names observed during our week along the Lake Michigan coastline. Of those listed, the most common themes appear to be relaxation/getting away from it all (9), partying (5), and the value of … Continue reading
Here is my list of the largest single syllable cities (in English) in the world by rounded off metro population (when known). Seoul, South Korea – 24,200,000 Rome, Italy – 3,700,000 Prague, Czech Republic – 2,300,000 Leeds, UK – 2,300,000 … Continue reading
With some help from boston.com, Here is my list of rock bands the have used a well-known person’s name in their band name: Abe Vigoda Brian Jonestown Massacre Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Jr. Dandy Warhols Dead Kennedys Dillinger Escape Plan Eve’s … Continue reading