- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 979,484 hits
Tag Archives: names
Below is my list of the city names with the most syllables when pronounced in English. These geographic brain benders and tongue twisters do not include hamlets, villages, and/or small towns. Any additions or corrections to his list of cities … Continue reading
Below are some of the best and worst boat names observed during our week along the Lake Michigan coastline. Of those listed, the most common themes appear to be relaxation/getting away from it all (9), partying (5), and the value of … Continue reading
Here is my list of the largest single syllable cities (in English) in the world by rounded off metro population (when known). Seoul, South Korea – 24,200,000 Rome, Italy – 3,700,000 Prague, Czech Republic – 2,300,000 Leeds, UK – 2,300,000 … Continue reading
With some help from boston.com, Here is my list of rock bands the have used a well-known person’s name in their band name: Abe Vigoda Brian Jonestown Massacre Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Jr. Dandy Warhols Dead Kennedys Dillinger Escape Plan Eve’s … Continue reading