- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 978,675 hits
Tag Archives: New Zealand
Below is a list of the largest commercial aviation airports in Australia and New Zealand as measured by total acreage (using hectares and then multiplying by 2.471). Finding this land data proved to be more difficult than one would think … Continue reading
And then there were four. Here are the four finalists for New Zealand’s new flag. Personally, of these I prefer the top left, which essentially retains the colors and the Southern Cross star system from the New Zealand’s current flag … Continue reading
Observing the custom of postal delivery by bicycle-mounted carriers for An Post in two different Ireland cities last week (Ennis and Killarney) had me wondering why in the world this is not a more common method of delivery here in … Continue reading
Below is a list of the sixteen busiest airports in Australia and New Zealand for 2011. All had total passengers of one million or more during the year. Sydney (Kingsford Smith), New South Wales – 36.6 million Melbourne, Victoria – … Continue reading