- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 979,484 hits
Tag Archives: NIMBY
The argument that connecting new neighborhoods to existing ones causing cut-through traffic is only true if there are limited street connections in the transportation network in the first place. If a community has a well-planned, interconnected transportation network then more … Continue reading
I completed Edward Glaeser’s 2011 book entitled, Triumph of the City this past weekend. While this book contains a number of useful and noteworthy snippets about the economic importance of cities, especially in the first two-thirds of the text. Sadly … Continue reading