- Smaller Cities with Taller Skylines
- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- 1,006,995 hits
Tag Archives: nonconforming uses
How many of my fellow planners have seen/heard of the following scenario in recent years? A rezoning is sought because a potential homeowner cannot obtain or refinance a home loan because the residence is zoned something other than residential. My educated guess is that many of you … Continue reading
The article by Craig Pittman in the August/September issue of Planning magazine entitled “Water War. Southern Style” was a fascinating read. My only quibble with the story is it never addressed the toughest question – should cities be allowed to outgrow … Continue reading