- Amazing and beautiful river bends from around the globe
- Cities and towns named for a river bend
- Favorites of 2020 thru the midyear
- Chris*craft flotilla
- Roadside Americana: Atomic age stops, sights, and oddities
- Tuesday Tunes: Favorite rock album titles
- “Punisher” by Phoebe Bridgers packs a powerful punch!
- Cities with three (3) or more matching letters in their name
- Up to 690,000 American’s died from our own nuke tests!
- American “Atomgrads” of the Cold War era…and beyond
- 1,213,644 hits
Tag Archives: North America
Here’s the list of the largest suburbs (by population) in North America. A minimum threshold of 150,000 residents was utilized. The population for all communities in the United States and Puerto Rico are 2013 Census Bureau estimates. For other nations, … Continue reading
Below is a list of the longest subway/metro systems in the world, based on a minimum length of 100 kilometers. These do not include street trams, light rail, or commuter railroads, only subways/metros. Of those cities identified below, 14 are located … Continue reading
Happy Liberation Day in the Netherlands and Cinco de Mayo in Mexico!
Below is a non-comprehensive list of fairly well-known movie titles that include place name/geographic references. For the sake of brevity and my own sanity, documentaries, shorts, foreign language titles, and/or physical geographic terms were not included. Please feel free to send … Continue reading
Below are some interesting data on North American rail transit systems operating outside the United States in Canada, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. They are listed by annual ridership (as of 2012, except Xochimilco). As is obvious from … Continue reading
As a follow-up to the post on the World’s Busies Metros/Subways, here’s a list of the busiest commuter railroads in the United States and Canada. Considering the number of folks who utilize metros, subways, and/or commuter rail in American cities, it sure … Continue reading
You might recall the awesome rockin’ song by Aerosmith entitled “Livin’ on the Edge” (see NSFW video below). Across the planet, there are significant urban centers situated in isolated, sometimes even precarious locations – I prefer to call these “Remote Cities.” Much … Continue reading