Join 834 other followers
- Timeless Portraits of the Oklahoma Panhandle
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- Is Burning Man making a mistake at Fly Ranch?
- Incorporating mass timber in airport terminal design
- 1,727,941 hits
Tag Archives: parks
The photos speak for themselves, but the list below are some of the beautiful and inspiring places in the United States (and one in Canada) that this author believes should be National Parks. Some are already part of the National … Continue reading
We spent our late Wednesday afternoon scaling one of the most scenic urban hiking trails one can imagine. The Sun Mountain Trail in Santa Fe, New Mexico is a visual and technical delight. Rising some 813 feel above the roadside … Continue reading
Frontier Towns, Part 7: Panguitch, Utah In city planning, as well as park and recreation circles, one of the most successful trends of the past decade or two has been the creation of pocket parks. These small oases help provide … Continue reading
When we think of city walls, some of the first images that come to mind are imposing structures erected as a protective or defensive barrier. More often than not, city walls were constructed from stone, masonry, brick, and/or concrete. Unfortunately, … Continue reading
American Forests recently announced its ten best cities for urban forests for 2013. The top ten, out of the 50 largest cities in the nation are listed in alphabetical order below (weblinks to each winner’s results are provided): Austin Charlotte … Continue reading
While I enjoy many songs by The Beatles, I tend to think of myself as more of a Rolling Stones man – music that is a little harder, edgier, and rugged. But, I too was (and still am) captivated by … Continue reading
Below is the list of the ten busiest (most visitors) national parks in the United Kingdom. This data would include national parks in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland (none currently designated there). 1. Lake District (designated in 1951) – 14.8 … Continue reading
Think Detroit is just an industrial wasteland? Think again, folks – here are a few photos that show the scenic (and softer) side of this great city. Enjoy!