- International Cities of Peace
- People can be so disgusting!
- Favorite dystopian literature and films
- “Here comes the sun”…cities
- My Amazon HQ2 prediction
- Since when are fire trucks incapable of backing up?
- “Bigotsburg of the week” – Forrest City, Arkansas
- Bigotsburg of the week – Shreveport, Louisiana
- North American high-rise construction crane boomtowns
- Russian cities that arose from the Gulag era
- 671,905 hits
Tag Archives: parks
When we think of city walls, some of the first images that come to mind are imposing structures erected as a protective or defensive barrier. More often than not, city walls were constructed from stone, masonry, brick, and/or concrete. Unfortunately, … Continue reading
American Forests recently announced its ten best cities for urban forests for 2013. The top ten, out of the 50 largest cities in the nation are listed in alphabetical order below (weblinks to each winner’s results are provided): Austin Charlotte … Continue reading
While I enjoy many songs by The Beatles, I tend to think of myself as more of a Rolling Stones man – music that is a little harder, edgier, and rugged. But, I too was (and still am) captivated by … Continue reading
Below is the list of the ten busiest (most visitors) national parks in the United Kingdom. This data would include national parks in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland (none currently designated there). 1. Lake District (designated in 1951) – 14.8 … Continue reading
Think Detroit is just an industrial wasteland? Think again, folks – here are a few photos that show the scenic (and softer) side of this great city. Enjoy!