- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 979,988 hits
Tag Archives: patents
Below is a list of the twenty most innovative metropolitan areas in the United States, based on the number of patents issued between 2000 and 2011. Most surprising is the absence of the Research Triangle of Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, North Carolina; … Continue reading
Based on 2006-2010 data, here is a list of those innovation clusters in Canada which received the most patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office during the most recent five-year time frame. Toronto-Oshawa, ON – 5,839 Ottawa-Gatineau, ON-QC – … Continue reading
Another interesting detail from the Intellectual Property Owners Association list of the top 300 patent recipients in 2010 was the number patents issued to various United States government agencies and organizations. Here’s a quick rundown of those that made the list … Continue reading
According to the 2010 Clean Energy Patent Growth Index, the following states were the top 10 producers of patents for clean energy applications in the United States: California: 207 patents Michigan: 192 patents New York: 100 patents Illinois: 37 patents … Continue reading