- Smaller Cities with Taller Skylines
- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- 1,007,720 hits
Tag Archives: patents
Below is a list of the twenty most innovative metropolitan areas in the United States, based on the number of patents issued between 2000 and 2011. Most surprising is the absence of the Research Triangle of Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, North Carolina; … Continue reading
Based on 2006-2010 data, here is a list of those innovation clusters in Canada which received the most patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office during the most recent five-year time frame. Toronto-Oshawa, ON – 5,839 Ottawa-Gatineau, ON-QC – … Continue reading
Another interesting detail from the Intellectual Property Owners Association list of the top 300 patent recipients in 2010 was the number patents issued to various United States government agencies and organizations. Here’s a quick rundown of those that made the list … Continue reading
According to the 2010 Clean Energy Patent Growth Index, the following states were the top 10 producers of patents for clean energy applications in the United States: California: 207 patents Michigan: 192 patents New York: 100 patents Illinois: 37 patents … Continue reading