- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 982,364 hits
Tag Archives: photos
A rather haunting image from the Korean Peninsula of children playing in front of a tank poised near the demilitarized zone separating North and South Korea.
No correct guesses thus far for City #37. In the meantime, here is City #38 for your consideration. Update – congrats to Allen for correctly identifying City #37.
Here is City #35 for your consideration. Congratulations to geoffreyh76 for being the first to correctly identify City #34.
Congratulations to Keith for being the first to correctly identify Lucky City #13. Here’s a great satellite image of City #14. Enjoy!
Don’t worry. In the city shown below, the number thirteen is often considered to be lucky. Unfortunately, I could not locate a suitable larger image. Congrats to Motorvilleboy for being the first correctly identify City #12. Good luck to all with … Continue reading
The superbly detailed satellite image below is of a city that is celebrating its 250th birthday in 2014. Good luck to all. Enjoy! Congratulations to Dianconu for being the first person to correctly identify City #5.
Here’s today’s satellite image. The answer for this satellite image will be posted during the noon hour on Thursday. Good luck! FYI – these are NOT just USA cities. Thank you to all who have participated and those identified the … Continue reading
Hey, all you geographers, planners, and trivia experts. Below is a night-time satellite image of a large, well-known city. Feel free to send in a guess of the name of the city and I will post the answer at the … Continue reading