- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 981,007 hits
Tag Archives: plastic
This disgusting and disgraceful view is what we were greeted with upon arriving at the beach of San Jose Island on the Texas Gulf Coast 10 days ago. The largely uninhabited island sits on the north side of the mouth … Continue reading
Some interesting data about America’s access to plastic recycling from a newly released national study prepared for the American Chemistry Council by Moore Recycling Associates. According to the study, recycling options in 2,468 communities of 10,000 population or greater were analyzed, as … Continue reading
Last month I wrote a post about the sorrowful amount of trash in our oceans. Well, one coastal city has taken a step towards reducing waste in our oceans. According to a May 19 story by Alexis Petru for Earth911, the … Continue reading