Join 834 other followers
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- Is Burning Man making a mistake at Fly Ranch?
- Incorporating mass timber in airport terminal design
- A comparison between Burning Man’s Black Rock City and the Greater World Earthship Community
- Largest h-y-p-h-e-n-a-t-e-d city/town by state or province
- 1,726,232 hits
Tag Archives: prairie
Nothing evokes the history of the American Midwest and Great Plains more than the classic windmill spinning effortlessly in the breeze. Sadly, these iconic structures are becoming less and less visible on the American landscape. But, there is a wonderful … Continue reading
North America’s magnificent Great Plains and prairie region generally extends westward from Central Ohio to the Rocky Mountains and southward from boreal Canada through Texas to the Rio Grande Valley. This is one of my favorite natural ecosystems due to … Continue reading