- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- An Impressive Park Memorializes When Quilts Saved a Town
- 1,006,458 hits
Tag Archives: preservation
If there is one type of signage this urban planner adores, it’s tastefully designed mid-century neon. And if there is one place to find such glorious signage, it’s Tucson, Arizona, where the city and local preservation groups have done a … Continue reading
Michigan is blessed with some of the most beautiful and tallest coastal sand dunes on the planet. Below is a list of the tallest dunes as measured about the level of the adjoining lake elevation, many of these freshwater dunes … Continue reading
After my initial post last week about three grand engine houses which had been preserved in Grand Rapids, Michigan, two readers noted some other ones that I had missed. Thank you John and Dave for the suggestions. : ) Ever … Continue reading
Here are photos of some of the amazing movie theaters seen over the past two weeks while traveling in Northern California and Southern Oregon. Enjoy these screen gems!