- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 978,675 hits
Tag Archives: rankings
Criteria for inclusion in this list: Minimum building height of 200 feet. Must be located outside the city limits of the core city(ies) of the metro area – suburban towers within the main city’s limits are not included. Must be … Continue reading
Since when are the boroughs of New York City considered separate cities? Apparently, Forbes magazine believes they are synonymous even though they were consolidated to form the current city boundary in 1898. In its 2015 rankings of “the best cities for … Continue reading
Here are the six examples found of the largest city in population of a particular state not being the core of the largest metropolitan area. Interestingly, all but one example come from the South. It is also interesting to note how … Continue reading
Ranking the states via the Bloomberg Economic Evaluation of the States (BEES) index for fall of 2011. BEST 1. North Dakota 2. Michigan 3. California 4. Massachusetts 5. Illinois WORST 48. New Jersey 49. New Mexico 50. North Carolina Perhaps … Continue reading