- Smaller Cities with Taller Skylines
- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- 1,006,995 hits
Tag Archives: retirement
While more of an academic publication than a great literary work of non-fiction, Boom Town Blues: Elliot Lake remains an enlightening and useful read. The book summarizes what can only be described as the “great experiment of Elliot Lake, Ontario.” Now, … Continue reading
A little more satirical fun. Your community is a retirement haven when… Gray hair is considered way cool. Golf courses exceed parks. Prune juice is the best-selling soft drink. It’s retail economy depends on the sale of Depends. Everyone has … Continue reading
I had my first chance to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel entertaining film on DVD over the past weekend while visiting family in Indiana. What a terrific movie! No only are there wonderful characters and interwoven plots, but the … Continue reading
Congratulations to Marquette, Michigan – CNN/Money Magazine’s 2011 best place to retire in the United States. If you have never been to Marquette, do not judge it by its winter weather – the city and its surroundings are absolutely stunning. … Continue reading