- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 978,143 hits
Tag Archives: Ride of Silence
Near the conclusion of his outstanding book, entitled In the City of Bikes; The Story of the Amsterdam Cyclist, author Pete Jordan reveals an unknown [at least to me], yet significant part of bicycling history – the birth of the bike … Continue reading
Yesterday evening, I had the great honor to take part in my first Greater Lansing Ride of Silence. One of more than 350 such events being held in all 50 states and 21 countries on May 15th, the Ride of … Continue reading
The 11th annual version of this solemn event will take place worldwide on Wednesday, May 15th starting at 6:30 p.m. or 7:00 pm local time. The Ride of Silence began in Dallas, Texas and honors those who have lost their lives or … Continue reading
In 2012, the tenth anniversary of a solemn event will take place worldwide on Wednesday, May 16th at 7:00 pm local time. The Ride of Silence began in Dallas, Texas and honors those who have lost their lives or been … Continue reading