- Food Truck Names Based on Musicians or Songs
- Smaller Cities with Taller Skylines
- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- 1,008,224 hits
Tag Archives: ring roads
As a follow-up to my last post, I thought it would be interesting to list off the airports around the globe that are ringed by limited access expressways. Such a design has several benefits – the expressway can serve as … Continue reading
The following list identifies those cities around the globe that are circled by a full orbital expressway system (a.k.a. beltway, ring road, perimeter highway, loop, beltline etc.) encircling the city 360 degrees. Inland cities have an advantage for being included … Continue reading
In the midst of reading John Kasarda and Greg Lindsay’s definitive and thoroughly interesting book entitled Aerotropolis: The Way We’ll Live Next, I began to ponder some of the surface transportation ramifications of this megatrend. In particular, those impacts taking … Continue reading