- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 978,150 hits
Tag Archives: sailing
There are certain cities that immediately exude a cool or hip vibe the very moment you arrive. I call this the “it factor,” as in you just know it and feel it as soon as you get there. It may be … Continue reading
Here are a few photos from our four-hour sailing trip on the East Arm of Grand Traverse Bay, Michigan this past Tuesday afternoon. Sailing is easily one the most beautiful recreational/sporting activities on Earth and our trip aboard the 31′ Starlight … Continue reading
Yesterday, I had the honor of volunteering once again at the 19th Annual Quiet Waters Symposium (QWS) held at the Michigan State University Pavilion. This year I helped staff the Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance booth for several hours. Even … Continue reading