Join 834 other followers
- Timeless Portraits of the Oklahoma Panhandle
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- Is Burning Man making a mistake at Fly Ranch?
- Incorporating mass timber in airport terminal design
- 1,729,057 hits
Tag Archives: satellite images
Above and below are several amazing satellite images of Arctic and Boreal river deltas. Most of these reflect the classic fan-tail shape and even resemble trees (or tree roots) from space, with their main channel as the trunk and meandering … Continue reading
Here’s a marvelous satellite photograph of the awakening volcano on Cape Verde’s Fogo Island from last month. Kudos to NASA for the great pic!
Some of the best seaport images yet, come from East Asia. Enjoy!
Some of the most spectacular images yet come from the great seaports of Africa. In particular, the marvelous black and white satellite shot of Dakar, Senegal resembles the angry mouth of a sea monster ready to devour its prey. Along … Continue reading
While preparing the satellite photos from the “Can you guess the city” series, I noticed how interesting the images were of great seaport cities. The harbour channels are very evident and in combination with the natural and urban geography present … Continue reading
Congratulations to Rye for correctly identifying City #38 and to Motorvilleboy for correctly identifying City #39. Here’s a spectacular night-time satellite image of City #40 for your consideration. Enjoy!
Below is a very impressive satellite image of City #36. Congratulations to Allen for being the first to correctly identify City #35.
Below is an image of City #34. Congratulations to Sagar and kidfay for identifying City #33 at nearly the exact same time.
Congratulations to Motorvilleboy for being the first to correctly identify City #32. Below is City #33, for which the number 33 is quite important one Sunday per year. Yes folks, that was a hint.