- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 981,346 hits
Tag Archives: sexism
I had my first chance to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel entertaining film on DVD over the past weekend while visiting family in Indiana. What a terrific movie! No only are there wonderful characters and interwoven plots, but the … Continue reading
Here are some of my photos taken last night at the Michigan rally in support of vaginas held at the steps of the State Capitol in downtown Lansing. At least 5,000 people attended in support of Women’s Rights.
I am currently attending the Rally for Vaginas at the Michigan State Capitol in Lansing. This is easily the largest crowd I have seen at a capitol rally with at least 5,000 women and men of all ages attending. The … Continue reading
I was totally disgusted yesterday by the puritanical and prudish actions of the male-dominated Michigan House leadership for silencing two female legislators. As the War on Women has been raging for nearly two years, Representative Lisa Brown (no relation) expressed satirical … Continue reading
One of my all-time favorite television shows is the Dick Van Dyke Show. It aired in the early to mid-1960s and won many Emmy Awards. One of the reasons I like the show, aside from it being very funny, is the … Continue reading
Twice in recent weeks, high-ranking GOP party members in Michigan have made blatantly sexist statements towards professional women. First, Republican State Representative Rick Jones of Grand Ledge compared an important female public relations professional to a “hooker.” Then, just this week, former … Continue reading