- Smaller Cities with Taller Skylines
- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- 1,007,720 hits
Tag Archives: sidewalks
Recently, I have noticed two things about public sidewalks that seem to be amiss. The first is, why do property owners or businesses and their private landscapers insist on installing their sprinkler systems within the public right-of-way to water the … Continue reading
As an avid bicycle commuter who resides in a community where bikes are permitted to ride along certain roadside paved pathways (sidewalks of 7-8 feet wide), I find the gray blandness of most sidewalks/pathways to be quite boring and uninspiring. … Continue reading
During today’s luncheon thanking those who participated in the Lansing Walkability Audit in 2011, a good friend was describing the poor condition of some sidewalks in the area. After receiving a lackluster response to one particularly bad segment, she noted, … Continue reading