- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 979,928 hits
Tag Archives: sidewalks
Recently, I have noticed two things about public sidewalks that seem to be amiss. The first is, why do property owners or businesses and their private landscapers insist on installing their sprinkler systems within the public right-of-way to water the … Continue reading
As an avid bicycle commuter who resides in a community where bikes are permitted to ride along certain roadside paved pathways (sidewalks of 7-8 feet wide), I find the gray blandness of most sidewalks/pathways to be quite boring and uninspiring. … Continue reading
During today’s luncheon thanking those who participated in the Lansing Walkability Audit in 2011, a good friend was describing the poor condition of some sidewalks in the area. After receiving a lackluster response to one particularly bad segment, she noted, … Continue reading