Join 876 other followers
- Snapshots of Chicago in geometric black & white
- Ten planning lessons from Daniel Burnham’s Chicago
- Aerial tramways – a “last mile” transit solution for airports and stadiums
- Top ten (10) tallest airport control towers by continent
- Tall Timbers – World’s tallest wooden skyscrapers
- From sea to shining sea of wasteful surface parking lots
- New “Austin Towers” will soon be spying over Texas
- Ten planning lessons from mighty Los Angeles
- The top 100 Interstate Highway truck bottlenecks
- Cleverly cultivated cannabis shop names
- 1,761,201 hits
Tag Archives: space
As a follow-up to the previous post on flags from around the planet that depict the Sun, here is a list of those with the Moon on them. In nearly all cases, the Moon is depicted as a crescent shape … Continue reading
Titan Missile Museum – Green Valley, AZ: best of the best – they focus on one topic and do it extremely well. The one and only place you can see a retired Titan Missile literally sitting in it’s underground launch … Continue reading
Kathy and I saw Interstellar last night. This science-fiction epic is so good that a description cannot and should not be compartmentalized into a blog post. The cast, including a surprise un-billed guest appearance, were superb, the visual images were … Continue reading
Spoiler alert- if you don’t want to know the answers to “can you guess the city,” please do not read any further. The list of correct answers provided below will be updated regularly so you can check your answers as … Continue reading
Below is an impressive satellite image of City #42 for your consideration. Congratulations to lampenj for being the first to correctly identify City #41.
Congratulations to akn for being the first to correctly identify City #26. To date, no one has correctly identified City #25, so here is a hint – it is not in the Western Hemisphere. Below is City #27, whose satellite … Continue reading
Congratulations to Mathias for identifying City #23 at light speed. I’m gonna have to make these harder, aren’t I? 🙂 Here is City #24, whose satellite image is very cool.
Nope, this isn’t a blackjack player’s haven like Vegas or Monte Carlo. Hmmm…what is City #21? Congratulations to David for being the first to correctly identify City #20.
Congratulations to Bobby for being the first to correctly identify City #16. Here is City #17. Good luck!
Below is City #12, which instead of a night-time satellite image is a daytime one. Congratulations to Alexandre for being the first to correctly identify City #11. Enjoy!