Join 834 other followers
- “Enlightened” city planning amid rural Iowa cornfields
- Cities and towns that have gone to the dogs: Ruff-ruff!
- Timeless Portraits of the Oklahoma Panhandle
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- 1,730,626 hits
Tag Archives: stars
Begun in 2003, International Dark Sky Week celebrates the awesome glory of the night sky while also informing the public of threats from sky glow, glare, and other forms of light pollution. In 2015, International Dark Sky Week takes place from April … Continue reading
The International Dark-Sky Association has announced the designation of two more International Dark-Sky places this week. The two new sites are: Death Valley National Park in California (now largest of all the dark-sky parks). Brecon Beacons National Park in Wales – designated … Continue reading
I had a breathtaking view of the stars at 6:15 this morning while walking my dog, Relay, including a marvelous shooting star. Shortly afterwards, I jotted down these poetic verses. Enjoy! Guiding Lights Evening star At dusk’s fading light Guide us … Continue reading