- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- An Impressive Park Memorializes When Quilts Saved a Town
- 1,006,458 hits
Tag Archives: streets
Similar to the image above, the vast majority of highway and railroad underpasses across the country are the epitome of sterile concrete and overgrown weeds. Left as underutilized vacant space, they hardly engender any sort of warmth or welcome, particularly … Continue reading
Please excuse me for utilizing the Irish version of a well-known four-letter profanity. It was picked up while visiting that lovely island last month. The milder term “feck” seemed to be the most appropriate word for titling this post with … Continue reading
When I resided in Hagerstown, Maryland many moons ago, Washington County’s Planning Department assigned new addresses to nearly every property in the county. This effort was completed successfully in part due to the cooperation all of the local jurisdictions. The purpose of this … Continue reading
In our modern age of healthy communities, complete streets, walkability, road diets, safe routes to school, and bicycle-friendly communities, one would think that adding appropriate and applicable sharrow images along public streets and multi-use trails would be a no-brainer. Well, there … Continue reading