- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 981,353 hits
Tag Archives: trekking
Kathy and I took another trek along a 5.7 mile segment of the North Country National Scenic Trail yesterday afternoon, primarily in Kalamazoo County, Michigan. This segment took us through the Michigan State University/Kellogg Forest, the MSU/Kellogg Bird Sanctuary, and … Continue reading
As an avid recreational and commuting bicyclist, I have often preferred exercise by two wheels over two feet. That does not mean I didn’t hike, but it was not purposeful on a fitness or health level. Instead, hiking was principally … Continue reading
Kathy and I hiked another gorgeous segment of the North Country Trail this afternoon (Sunday) in Hillsdale County, Michigan. The 3.25 mile segment passes through the rolling terrain of the Pittsford State Game Area in southern Hillsdale County, just a … Continue reading