- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 981,007 hits
Tag Archives: urban areas
Below is a list of the twenty most innovative metropolitan areas in the United States, based on the number of patents issued between 2000 and 2011. Most surprising is the absence of the Research Triangle of Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, North Carolina; … Continue reading
As an avid hiker, I love spending time in the great outdoors communing with nature. The sounds of a babbling brook, bird songs, windblown tree canopies, or crunching leaves underfoot are among the most enjoyable on Earth. That being said, … Continue reading
Back on April 9th I wrote about some of the unique planning issues that arise for cities built on an isthmus. In a subject near and dear to the hearts of Michiganders, today’s post identifies and discusses those urban areas that have developed along narrow … Continue reading